Thursday, November 20, 2014

The Turkey Baster Club...

The annual holiday “cheer” is definitely in the air. The weather is turning frigid, Christmas lights are going up, and those of us trying to get knocked up are wishing for Christmas miracles. This year, I happen to be ovulating on Thanksgiving…which means forcing my husband out of his tree stand and into the bedroom. (Easier said than done if your husband is as much of an avid hunter as mine…) 

Now don’t get me wrong, I want to enjoy the holidays with our families. But I also want a baby. and to make a baby, we have to have sex...lots and lots of it, in perfectly synchronized times throughout my fertile window which just happens to be on Turkey Day. "Bah Hum Bug."

See, my whole reasoning behind it being ABSOLUTELY necessary to get pregnant this month is TWO little words: CHRISTMAS ANNOUNCEMENT. I’m the oldest child & grandchild in my family, and my husband is an only child. It would be the best Christmas ever to surprise our families with the news. Granted, some of our family members don’t think we should be trying for a baby. (insert “You’re so young! Why rush it?” comments here) But we are ready to be parents. I have wanted nothing so much in my life and its only been magnified by the fact that EVERY. SINGLE. FEMALE. MAMMAL. AROUND. ME. IS. KNOCKED. UP. Except ME. It might be a good time to mention that I am a very impatient person, and that in being so, TTC has been torture. I’m hoping that these next few weeks either end in a BFP, or I’m just going to give up and wait til after the holidays.


Who am I kidding…TTC is an OBSESSION that will never cease. But for now, Im going to sit here and write out my grocery list for all the holiday cooking, and plot ways to trick my husband into going hunting AFTER making our little Christmas Gift.

2 comments:

  1. That would be so much fun to have a Christmas Announcement- I feel your dreams! I have just missed out on that opportunity as today is CD 1 for me again- hello 15th TTC cycle :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sorry....TTC is honestly terrible. the stress of it all is the worst! If we did happen to get lucky this month, I would only be 4-6 weeks MAYBE at Christmas. A little too early to me to be telling family...especially for those of us who really know how fragile that first trimester can be. It's looking like a new year/valentine's day announcement would be more in the cards for me...if pregnancy is in the cards at all. Good luck to you, and thank you for reading my blog!

      Delete