Friday, November 21, 2014

"I can always do it myself..."

That, my friends, is the key statement that got my husband up out of his "i'm-too-tired" stupor in the recliner last night and into the bedroom with me. Those six little words flipped the “man-switch” in his brain to make him prove he could do the deed better. Im not even gonna lie, I was extremely in the mood for some lovin’ last night. But my poor hubby was exhausted from work and doing some late house-work. I tried to get him to come join me, but to no avail. I put my dogs up and turned off the lights and before I went to bed I said “If you don’t come back here, I’ll just do it myself.” He looked at me as if I had grown a third leg or something. I just smiled and went towards our room and I heard his feet hit the floor and knew he was right behind me.

The Score is Me: 1 Hubby: 0.

They cant help themselves. As men, they are so competitive, and little statements like the afore mentioned just kick in their cave-man reflexes to prove their worth. Now, I am NOT complaining at all. I got what I wanted out of the deal. But even hubby asked why I was so turned on. Honestly, NO IDEA. Supposedly when we’re ovulating, we naturally “come into heat” like animals do. Hormones start rushing, pheromones start attracting the males, and we get the urge to go forth and multiply. But according to my charts and past cycles, I don’t ovulate until next week. And the facts stand true with me…I’m a wild woman when Im fertile. So, could I have really ovulated early?

Im not one to symptom spot or guestimate on things, but Im not the type to jump my husband unless: A.) Im fertile and ovulating or B.) AF is fixing to show up (because for some reason I feel the need to get one more ride in before my week of celibacy). So why last night and today is this happening? You’re guess is as good as mine at this point. If mother nature has decided to mix things up a bit and deal me an early ovulation…well, good thing we’ve gotten it in beforehand! But i'm going to keep assuming that i'm ovulating around thanksgiving…all this means is a little more “funny business” than usual until either I get my BFP or we get tired of "practicing"….whichever comes first. 

How do you cope when you’re in this situation?

2 comments:

  1. They say some sperm can live for up to six days in the right environment, so this "heat" could be leading you up to O. Get it all in while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the plan right now! Hoping we didnt miss it this time around is going to drive me crazy! I guess I can just throw myself into holiday stuff to avoid the stress..but we all know thats easier said than done!

    ReplyDelete