Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Great Debate...

OPKs detect Pregnancy???

I have read that OPKs can detect the pregnancy hormone HCG as well. Is it reliable? Eh, probably not. But there have been multiple women who claim that is how they found out they were pregnant. Now, to prevent any confusion, I know that this sounds ridiculous, and if I have OPKs lying around, then I must not have done something right. Well, the truth is, I was planning on waiting til Friday to take another pregger test, knowing that by then I will have a true BFP or a BFN and I can go on my merry way. But while I was cleaning up, I found a box of unopened OPKs in my bathroom and decided what the hell, lets see how this goes.

Now remember: TWO LINES ON AN OPK IS NOT NECESSARILY A POSITIVE. Knowing this, I was still in shock when I saw the two lines appear instantly. The same giddy feeling I imagine I will have when I get my positive HPT but…I know its not valid nor truthful that I am pregnant. It takes anywhere 6-10 days after implantation to occur, then another 3-5 days after it stops to start getting HCG readings. So, that would be Thursday testing. Ya’ll Im not gonna lie, Im nervous. Its like almost reaching the finish line then saying “this is it…its all almost over.” TTC is all I have known for over a year.

Now, I don’t get me wrong, I desperately want a baby. But its like all of the worries I have pushed down since starting are bubbling up in the wake of this possible POSITIVE! I really don’t know how to feel right now. I have no idea how my husband will react. Its going to be an interesting Christmas if this Friday is the day that changes everything. Wish Me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment